Friday, September 14, 2007

Things Change

It's funny, how long and hard I struggled against Hecate. In retrospect it's easy to see how she called to me, a siren song audible and ignored. It's even more ironic given that I am a person who sees choice for everything. I don't mean "Gee, should I have an apple or a pear for dessert?" but I can see multiverses for every singe choice we make. Frex, choosing to fly to Scotland to meed a man I'd spoken to twice over the phone. I'd never been on a plane before, I'd never been out of the country save for Quebec City when I was a kid, I didn't even have a passport. All I knew was that I had to make the choice to go or not, that it was the most important decision I'd ever make in my life, no matter the consequences - and I was right.

It's been the best decision of my life, no question.

This post sounds ridiculous, but I don't know how to be more specific without babbling even more. What the heck, I'll give it a try anyway. Maybe in the next post, the kid wants food.

Hekateris and co.

No comments: